A couple of weeks ago I was at a store & saw a jar full of very pretty covered button type hair bands. It was definitely one of those moments when you say, “I can make that!” So, today I did & below there’s a tutorial so you can make your own too!
- You’ll need a thin elastic hair band, a covered button kit the size you want, a scrap of fabric, & scissors.
- Cut out the template on the back of the covered button kit & trace onto fabric.
- Place fabric into silicone button mold with right side facing dow. Put top part of button on top & press down into mold.
- Once metal button is snug on the bottom, fold over fabric toward the middle.
- Place back of button on top of fabric & put the blue plastic “cap” on top & press down hard until you hear it click into place.
- Pop button out of mold & you’ll have the top part done.
- Thread elastic through back wire hole then pull through one loop into another & pull tightly.
I had some embroidered buttons so decided to put those on the elastic since I wasn’t using them. Now I just have to find a little girl to share them with.